Friday, November 15, 2019

Commentary for Colleague’s Editorial


Hello Victor, I really love the topic you choose to do an editorial on, and I agree with both the reasons you stated why DACA should not be taken away. You included great arguments on why DACA should not be removed

Like you, I am one of the 800,000 DACA recipients. when I found out that Trump wants to end this program, it broke my heart into pieces. I’ve been in the US since I was five years old, and knowing that all my dad's hard work can be thrown away like nothing makes me really sad. Like you said, DACA recipients cannot apply for FAFSA, therefore most of us pay college out of pocket. In my case, I work and go to school to pay for my classes, it's hard but knowing what the outcome will be it makes me work harder.  But if DACA is removed I will not be able to make my dreams come true and will not be able to help my family. The reason our parents brought us to the US was to have a “better” life than them and without DACA we won’t be able to. DACA is not given out for free, as Victor mentioned, to be able to renew its $495 every two years. I really hope that every Dreamer gets to have the life they deserved.
              


No comments:

Post a Comment